Category Manager (m/f/d)
Are you ready to go further?
Our customer is an internationally operating trading company with a turnover of EUR 1 billion.
We are searching for a strong business leader, with an entrepreneurial spirit to make things happen. As Category Leader you are in the lead to drive the development and performance of the category, vendors and team. Through your strong leadership, the category team and cross functional stakeholders will be empowered to deliver profitable sales growth.
In this position you are responsible for:
- Developing the overall category strategy including product, price, promotion & sales strategies
- Developing the overall vendor & sourcing strategy including cost / margin improvement, own brand sourcing etc.
- Building strong vendor relationships, managing performance in line with contractual agreements & negotiating improvements to agreements in line with business needs
- Defining the optimal product mix, assortment size & contribution
- Defining the price position index of each category, in each country, testing price strategies and rules to optimize performance & competitive advantage
- Managing the team in line with associated targets (Brand and own brand)
- Managing the commercial balance across all category and procurement related KPIs to maximize company results
- Bachelor or master’s degree (MBA) with a proven track record in similar positions or several years of professional procurement management experience in an international, trading environment, ideally in trading companies within the B2B sector
- Negotiation skills, ability to work independently, internationally with good judgement and persuasive power
- Strong commercial skills, with the ability to turn data driven facts into category opportunities
- Great willingness to travel and fluent English skills – other language skills (Dutch or German) would be a distinct advantage
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application.